Exercise therapy for Cancer patients: Regular Exercise increases the expression of tumor suppressor p53 via down regulation of MDM2, 20/March/2014, 14.27

Natural product-based Life-span extension therapy: Epigallocatechin gallate, the main component of Green tea, inhibits senescence and extends life span by down regulating the expression of adenylate cyclase 5 (ADCY5), 20/March/2014, 13.54
March 20, 2015
Natural product-based therapy for metastatic tumors: Allitridin, the main component of Garlic, inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer cell proliferation via down regulation of GLUT3, 20/March/2015, 14.47
March 20, 2015
Show all

Idea Proposed/Formulated byDr L Boominathan Ph.D.

Terms & Conditions apply http://genomediscovery.org/registration/terms-and-conditions/

CitationBoominathan, Exercise therapy for Cancer patients: Regular Exercise increases the expression of tumor suppressor p53 via down regulation of MDM2, 20/March/2014, 14.27, Genome-2-Bio-Medicine Discovery center (GBMD), http://genomediscovery.org

Web: http://genomediscovery.org

Courtesy: When you cite drop us a line at info@genomediscovery.org

* Research cooperation

Significance: Cancer suppressor p53 (1) is mutated in 50% of different human tumors; and (2) pathway is rendered inactive in  30% of different tumors. In total, p53’s tumor suppressor function is compromised in 80% of tumors of different origin. This study suggests, for the first time, that regular exercise, by increasing the expression of its target gene, it may augment the expression of tumor suppressor p53. Thereby, it may inhibit cancer development or progression. Based on this finding, Physicians/Oncologists may consider encouraging their cancer patients to undergo regular exercise therapy.

Undisclosed information: How regular exercise augments the expression of the guardian of the genome p53

* Research cooperation

Comments are closed.