M.S I year
2. Molecular Cellular biology
3. Advanced Molecular biology
4. Molecular Cellular Immunology
5. Molecular Epidemiology & Biostatistics
6. Introduction to computers, functional and comparative genomics
7. Optional 1*: Career in Industry/Bio-technology company: How to be an industrialist/entrepreneur; & NCP/ICP
1. General concepts in Molecular Medicine
2. Molecular basis of Diseases (with particular attention to prevalent diseases in India)
3. Molecular Pathogenesis of viral and bacterial diseases; and vaccine development
4. Molecular basis of Cancer and Stem cell Biology
5. Current methods in Molecular Medicine Research
6. Science communication in writing
7. Optional 2*: Career in Teaching: How to be an effective teacher; & NCP/ICP
•Note: Based on the assessment made in the I year, teachers/HOD can recommend additional courses for students, depending on their shortcomings.
M.S II year
1. Advanced Molecular Medicine: Molecular basis of Myocardial disorders,Diabetes & Hypertension.
2. Pharmacology, Pharmacogenomics & Toxicology
3. Stem cell biology: Regenerative Stem cell therapy for human diseases.
4. Biology of small RNAs & RNA therapeutics
5. Cancer prevention & Cancer therapeutics.
6. Lecture/Oral presentation skills development
7. Optional 3*: Career in Science: How to be a Scientist/Researcher; & NCP/ICP
Add-on courses: 1. Molecular Nutrition
M.S Project commences
1. Medical Bioinformatics & Telemedicine
2. Drug discovery, Experimental Therapeutics and Translational Research
3. Computational biology and Proteomics
4. Current Methods in Molecular Research
5. Management, Intellectual property rights law, and ethics for biologists.
6. Seminar- Current topics in molecular medicine research
7. Optional 4*: Career in bio-chemical diagnosis: How to manage a clinical chemistry laboratory; & NCP/ICP
*NCP: National Career Path
*ICP: International Career Path